Scripture Passage: Romans 5:1-5
Main Point: Jesus Wants Us To Suffer Well
Summary: Life is tough. There are things in our life that don’t make us feel happy. and often times life feels like a struggle…maybe so far as to say a suffering. Our response to suffering is often to avoid it or escape it. We don’t like dealing with the hard stuff so we don’t bother trying. However, Paul gives us an image of rejoicing in our suffering. Quite simply, Paul tells believers to looks suffering in the face and deal with it.
- What are some things in your life that are struggles or cause you to suffer?
- What are some ways you avoid problems in your life?
- Paul says to rejoice in suffering. What do you think that looks like?
- Why can Christians rejoice in hard stuff?
- What do you need to stop avoiding this week and instead start to deal with?
1. Set aside a time to talk about any struggles in your family relationships. Learning to deal with those struggles head on instead of avoiding one another. In the moment it’ll feel like suffering, but it will create perseverance and character in your family.
2. Ask your student if they face criticism for what they believe, then talk about how they can navigate that in a way that will make them more like Jesus.